Guidelines for Handling Personal Information
- Article １ (Definition of Member)
- Article ２ (Guidelines for Handling Personal Information)
Premium Japan will comply with the Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information (or amendment to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information if it is amended) (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”), its related laws and regulations, and these Guidelines, and pay sufficient attention to the protection of members’ personal information.
- Article ３ (Collected Personal Information)
Premium Japan collects the following pieces of personal information from members:
(1) Members’ name, address, birthdate, sex, phone number, email address etc., collected through membership registration or applications for gift campaigns.
(2) Information provided to Premium Japan through questionnaires and other means.
(3) What services provided by Premium Japan are used and how.
(4) Opinions, requests, inquiries etc.
- Article ４ (Purposes of Use)
Premium Japan uses personal information collected from members for the following purposes:
(１) For smooth operation of the services (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”) provided by Premium Japan.
(２) For information analysis to improve the Services and others.
(３) For Premium Japan to provide notifications or information of products, events and others deemed suitable by Premium Japan
(４) To respond to opinions, requests, inquiries etc. from members.
(５) For matters pertaining or incidental to the aforementioned purposes.
- Article ５ (Provision of Personal Information to Third Party)
Premium Japan may provide personal information collected from members to Amana Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Amana”), a company within the same group as Premium Japan, as long as necessary to achieve the purposes stipulated in the previous article. Such personal information shall be provided by sending or transmitting in a written form or by electromagnetic means.
- Article ６ (Personal Information Provided to Third Party)
２．If members want to terminate the provision of their personal information to Amana, please place a request with Premium Japan’s contact desk below in person, and the provision of the said personal information to Amana will be terminated. [Contact Desk: email@example.com]
- Article ７ (Outsourcing)
Premium Japan may outsource part of the work necessary for the operation the Services and the management of members’ personal information to an outsourcee which has concluded a non-disclosure agreement with Premium Japan.
- Article ８ (Disclosure of Personal Information and Others)
If members want notification of purposes of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, termination of use, or erasure of their personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and its related laws and regulations, please place a request to Premium Japan’s contact desk below in person. Appropriate measures will be implemented based on the content of the request. For disclosure requests, replies will be made in writing or in other ways with consent of the said members, and for other requests, replies will be made by email without delay. [Contact Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Article ９ (Collection of Access Information and Others)
The Website records members’ access information (IP addresses and location information) to provide better content and enhance the Services in Premium Japan. The recorded access information is properly managed in accordance with these Guidelines and the laws and regulations.
- Article 10 (Use of Cookie)
1. The Website uses a technology called “Cookie” for the following purposes:
(1) To let members use the Website more conveniently when they revisit the Website.
(2) To measure and analyze how the Website is used.
2. When members access the Website, cookies are recorded on personal computers and other devices used by members. The recorded information does not contain information which can be used to identify individual members.
3．Members can refuse to accept cookies by changing the browser settings themselves. In this case, however, it is possible that they experience inconveniences in using the Website, or cannot use the Website.
- Article 11 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
These Guidelines shall be governed by the laws of Japan. If there is any dispute between a member and Premium Japan, the Tokyo District Court shall be the agreed court with exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance.
Formulated on May 14, 2019